Monday, September 21, 2009

Favorite type of Book

Although I enjoy reading a wide variety of books, my favorite books to read are autobiographies. I am a person who loves to hear about real life experiences, and learn about other peoples struggles and triumphs. As I am still very young, I'm so intrigued by life and what it has to offer. Reading other people's experiences help me realize what I want my life to become, and in contrast, what I do not want it to become. I also really appreciate the realness of autobiographies. The fact that it comes directly from the person, after reading the story I feel like I know the author on a personal level. Specifically, I enjoy reading dark, disturbing autobiographies. "A Child Called It", by Dave Pelzer, is one of my favorite books. It is so disturbing, but at the same time, it is extraordinary that he survived through the childhood that he had, and was strong enough to share his story with the rest of the world. I love when stories tug on my emotions, and autobiographies generally find a way of connecting with me on a personal level.

No comments:

Post a Comment