Monday, October 12, 2009

Fact or Fiction?

When it comes to choosing a book, I enjoy books that are fact, and real life situations, oppose to fiction. As a math major, I prefer facts and concrete pieces of information over allowing my mind to wander and imagine about different fantasy’s. I find when I read fantasy books; I question things too much and get frustrated that those things could never happen in real life. I find it hard to just accept that it’s fiction, and I do not enjoy the book usually. When I’m reading biographies or stories based on real life events, I find myself intrigued at the fact that this actually happened. I’m content when I’m reading because in a way I feel like the book is telling me the truth, where sometimes reading fiction, it’s almost like I’m being told a fib. There are a few fantasy books that I enjoy, but overall, I enjoy books based on real life much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment