Monday, October 5, 2009

Response to "The Truman Show"

This past weekend I watched the movie “The Truman Show”. I have seen it once before, but I was very young and didn’t appreciate it as much as I did watching it for a second time. After taking a film analysis course in high school, this movie has so many inner messages and meanings that are so interesting. The lighting, word choice, and characters are chosen to perfection. I found it very interesting that all of the characters who live with Truman have “Hollywood” like names. The creator of Truman’s world, Christoff, has the root word “Christ”, which was not chosen by accident. It’s also interesting to note all of the hints that Truman gets that he is living in his own world that he does not pick up on. All the advertising and day to day similarities are somewhat hidden, and I definitely feel like if I watched the movie again I’d pick up on more of them. Overall, I really enjoyed “The Truman Show” and would definitely watch it again.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool analysis. I love the movie Joe vs. The Volcano for similar reasons (though I think most people just think the movie is silly).

    ReplyDelete