Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Felicia Hall

As one of my outside events, I went to see Felicia Hall speak the the Rose Theatre located on campus. Felicia is a very succesfull athlete and business woman. She played basketball in college, played on the USA Women's National Team, managed a WNBA team, and worked for Nike. She spoke about the steps that she took to reach her goals. She was very loud and outspoken. Her speech was inspirational, escpeciall being a student athlete. She discussed steps we need to take, and resources we need to take advantage of to be successful. As a sophmore in college, I should be thinking about my future. She made me really think about making strides towards my future plans. Seeing how successful she was in like because of how driven she was inspiried me to want to do the same. After the meeting I started looking up different career options and job shadowing opportunites. Overall, Felicia was an inspirtaion to me, and I believe that her talk really gave me a kick in the pants to start thinking about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment