Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday vs. Boxing Day

Being a Canadian, I had never experienced Black Friday until I came to school in Memphis. Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year in America. It is the day after Thanksgiving, and the sales are unreal. Stores open at ridiculous hours of the morning, and people camp out overnight and crash the doors when the stores open. In Canada, we have the same thing, but instead it's called Boxing Day. Boxing Day takes place on the day after Christmas. It's interesting when these two holidays take place. Black Friday takes place when Christmas season officially starts, therefore you can find great deals to buy Christmas gifts, whereas Boxing Day takes place the day after Christmas, therefore you can spend all the money that you got for Christmas. Personally I like Boxing Day better because there is nothing more exciting than getting a bunch of gift cards and money for Christmas and knowing that you can go out the very next day and get great deals. I might just have this bias because I have experiance Boxing Day for my whole life. I now get the best of both worlds because I am in America on Black Friday, and go home for Christmas. What a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment