Monday, November 16, 2009

Remember the Titans

My all time favorite sports movie is definitely "Remember the Titans". I just recently watched it, and it reminded me of how much I love it. My team watched it on our way to the NCAA tournament, and we all felt motivated after watching it. This movie is awesome because it not only deals with the competition in sports, but also the problem of race. It is an underdog story, but not the typical one you usually see. It is so powerful because at the time this movie took place, race was a huge issue. These boys became teammates, and no longer cared about race. They all felt like a family, and therefore didn't even notice that race was an issue. I think I can really relate to this after being on the Memphis woman's soccer team. Our team is honestly like a family, and I could never imagine discriminating against anyone. We are all equals and I would stand up for any one of them in any situation. This movie reiterates the unity of team, and being on a team like that, I understand how phenomenal it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment