Tuesday, November 3, 2009

In class we discussed Flannery O’Connor’s story “Revelation”. I always find it interesting to see what other people’s opinions are on stories. Our teacher really enjoyed this story, where as I did not. We analyzed different meanings in this story and also compared it to her other stories. The main character in this story could be compared to the grandmother in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”. We really thoroughly talked about the theme of the differences of generations. I noticed this right off the bat when I read this story, because it’s something that also pertains to everyday life. There is always that gap between generations. Stereotypes from both points of view are always given. For example, as a member of the young generation I am stereotyped to be lazy, ungrateful, and a free loader. I hate this stereotype because I am an extremely hard worker and don’t take many things for granted. It’s interesting how this story was written so long ago, yet there was still the gap between generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment